Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Bitter Sea Light

So there is this website about some Harry Potter-y stuff and it's called

Feel free to discuss/talk/squee over whatever you want related to Pottermore in this thread.

Also.

What's your wand like? ;)

4/21/2012 #1
Silver-hair Angel

Yay, a shiny new thread.

Black Walnut. Twelve and a half inches. Phoenix. Unyielding.

Beat that, motherfuckers. Your wood might be better, but my core is superior.

4/21/2012 . Edited 4/22/2012 #2
Ten ways to spoil dinner

I approve this thread :D

Dunno what wood or cores are better, so I can't really say XD Eh, I'm good with my Unicorn Core and Larch wood.

4/21/2012 #3
Bitter Sea Light

I'm a Ravenclaw and I have a 11.5 inch long wand made of hornbeam wood. Core is unicorn and flexibility is solid.

I'm happy with these results. ^_^

---

Hornbeam:

My own wand is made of hornbeam, and so it is with all due modesty that I state that hornbeam selects for its life mate the talented witch or wizard with a single, pure passion, which some might call obsession (though I prefer the term 'vision'), which will almost always be realised. Hornbeam wands adapt more quickly than almost any other to their owner's style of magic, and will become so personalised, so quickly, that other people will find them extremely difficult to use even for the most simple of spells. Hornbeam wands likewise absorb their owner's code of honour, whatever that might be, and will refuse to perform acts - whether for good or ill - that do not tally with their master's principles. A particularly fine-tuned and sentient wand.

4/21/2012 . Edited 4/23/2012 #4
Bitter Sea Light

I approve this thread :D

Thought it might go down well. XP

4/21/2012 #5
Silver-hair Angel

I like that there are so many wood choices, seriously. I had no idea it would be as many as Pottermore has.

Although the cores seem to be a bit, I don't know, determinant of what kind of wizard or witch you are, I think the wood has a very important secondary role. It's pretty nice.

4/21/2012 #6
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Thought it might go down well. XP

I think it shall~

Although the cores seem to be a bit, I don't know, determinant of what kind of wizard or witch you are, I think the wood has a very important secondary role. It's pretty nice.

It's pretty cool. No idea what larch says about me |D But I'm sure it's positive.

4/21/2012 #7
Silver-hair Angel

It's pretty cool. No idea what larch says about me |D But I'm sure it's positive.

Couldn't be bothered to read the description?

Tsk, tsk. You are giving us Slytherins a bad(der) name.

4/21/2012 #8
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Couldn't be bothered to read the description?

I don't know where the description is O.e

Tsk, tsk. You are giving us Slytherins a bad(der) name.

Good to be bad~

4/21/2012 #9
Silver-hair Angel

I don't know where the description is O.e

Go back to the chapter with Ollivander's and you'll find it.

Also, how did I not get Hagrid's umbrella.

4/21/2012 #10
Bitter Sea Light

Just... Fucking...

Blergh, potions. :I

4/21/2012 #11
Pure Evil Breed

I'm a Slytherin and my wand is 11 1/4 inches English oak with unicorn core, surprisingly swishy~

BD

4/21/2012 #12
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Unicorn Core:

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Larch Wood:

Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.

---

8D Suhweet.

4/21/2012 #13
compartmental

Uhm, I don't really remember my username. |D

So, uh, I did the whole early admission thing with the quills (I THINK THEY WERE QUILLS?) and the questions and stuff, so I got in in October. BD And then I never touched it again.

/shot

But I'm in Slytherin; my wand is black walnut, fourteen and a half inches, unicorn core, surprisingly supple. :D

4/21/2012 #14
Akela Victoire

I'm RoseDraconis5665 and I got sorted into Slytherin.

I've got an 11 1/2 sycamore, slightly springy wand with unicorn hair as the core.

All I really cared about was the Sorting- the quiz of all Sorting quizzes and I got the House I wanted so I'm happy! :D

4/21/2012 #15
Bitter Sea Light

...I'm starting to feel lonely with my Ravenclaw badge. ;-;

4/22/2012 #16
piewacket

I'd say that you're in excellent company... ME! :D

FlightJinx7769

4/22/2012 #17
Bitter Sea Light

You're a Ravenclaw as well? :DDD Coooool. ^___^

Also.

AvisPhoenix13212 is me. 03

4/22/2012 #18
piewacket

Yeah, the Estonia was a tip off. ;D

4/22/2012 #19
Bitter Sea Light

Yeah, the Estonia was a tip off. ;D

Mew? |D

4/22/2012 #20
piewacket

The friend request said you are from Estonia.

4/22/2012 #21
Bitter Sea Light

The friend request said you are from Estonia.

Yes, I understood the first time. XP

4/22/2012 #22
piewacket

Sorry, going on 5 am here with no sleep. :P

4/22/2012 #23
Bitter Sea Light

Sorry, going on 5 am here with no sleep. :P

You should probably sleep, then. O-o

4/22/2012 #24
piewacket

Unicorn core, hazel wood, 14 1/2 inches and unyielding

Hazel:

A sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner's emotional state, and works best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings. Others should be very careful handling a hazel wand if its owner has recently lost their temper, or suffered a serious disappointment, because the wand will absorb such energy and discharge it unpredictably. The positive aspect of a hazel wand more than makes up for such minor discomforts, however, for it is capable of outstanding magic in the hands of the skillful, and is so devoted to its owner that it often 'wilts' (which is to say, it expels all its magic and refuses to perform, often necessitating the extraction of the core and its insertion into another casing, if the wand is still required) at the end of its master's life (if the core is unicorn hair, however, there is no hope; the wand will almost certainly have 'died'). Hazel wands also have the unique ability to detect water underground, and will emit silvery, tear-shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs and wells.

4/22/2012 #25
piewacket

Air conditioner is out and it was over 100 today. Too hot to sleep. Though, now it's cooled down a bit so I'll try to catch a few hours sleep.

4/22/2012 #26
Yggdra

A Pottermore thread. Nothing can describe my happiness right now. :'D

Also, my wand:

Laurel and Phoenix Feather, Twelve and a Half inches, Solid.

Hailing from Slytherin, yo~

And my username's MirrorRiver753. :D

4/22/2012 . Edited 4/22/2012 #27
extherian

How do you view the wand descriptions? It told me what my wand was made of, but didn't give me any more information.

4/22/2012 #28
Bitter Sea Light

How do you view the wand descriptions? It told me what my wand was made of, but didn't give me any more information.

Choose any chapter from Diagon Alley and you should be able to access Wand Cores etc from the chest (on the left on the screen) under the title of Objects. 03

4/22/2012 #29
Aron

SpellKey23308; Slytherin; fir, unicorn core, 13 1/4 inches, unyielding... ladies. ;D

4/22/2012 . Edited 4/22/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member